db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Comments in StoredFormatIds refer to classes that do not exist. Are these just leftover comments that don't apply anymore?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:30:42 GMT
It is likely that they can be deleted, that they refer to stuff the
predates the derby codeline.  I can't think of any persistent datatype
that we got rid of since 10.0.  To be absolutely safe one should check
the 10.0 codeline as I can imagine horrible issues with reusing an
existing format id for some on existing on disk datatype (again I don't
remember us getting rid of anything but checking the code is always best
- and note that the class comment is just that - a comment.  It could me
that the class was moved without updating the comment.