db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Commit problems after upgrading svn
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:55:11 GMT
Laura Stewart skrev:
> I upgraded toTortoiseSVN-1.4.3, rebooted.
> I opened a cygwin window, applied a patch, and ran svn status. It worked.
> Since there was a new file added by the patch, I performed svn add.
> Then when I tried to run svn status again, I got this message:
>
> $ svn stat
> svn: This client is too old to work with working copy 'src\ref';
> please get a newer Subversion client

Hello Laura,

I'm a bit confused. I do not normally work on Windows, but I have tried
TortoiseSVN. I thought it was a graphical interface to Subversion, and I
don't see the connection to cygwin.

> Does it mean for me to upgrade cygwin client?
Upgrading cygwin is usually quite easy; just invoke setup.exe by
clicking on the install icon on the cygwin site (or download it to you
local machine first). I think it will upgrade all your existing
packages, and you can also select new packages you want to have installed.
You can check which version of Subversion you are using; 'svn --version'
from within cygwin should suffice.
If you checked out with or used TortoisSVN on your Derby repository, it
will have been updated to 1.4.x, and then older svn clients can't use it
anymore.
So if your 'svn --version' reports a version lower than 1.4, you need to
upgrade your cygwin installation.

Not sure if this really helped, but at least you got a few well intended
suggestions :)

regards,
--
Kristian