db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Refactoring derby code
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 03:39:28 GMT
Manish Khettry wrote:
> while working on DERBY-681, I came across much code that could benefit
> from refactoring. Most of these were small almost trivial but in the end
> I think it makes the code more tractable and easy to work with and I did
> not add it to the patch because it makes the patch more difficult to review.
>
> I was thinking of filing a JIRA issue and adding patches to it which
> hopefully someone can review and commit or is there a better way to do it?

Sounds good, as long as the Jira issue is specific. issues like
"Refactor Derby code" are hard to manage since it's hard to know when to
close them. Something like "Cleanup code in CurrentOfNode to remove dead
code" is more specific.

Or if fixing an issue and the cleanup helps, then attach patches to that
issue, of course putting cleanup/refactoring in different patches to
real changes.

Dan.