db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I need help to delete files attached to a wrong JIRA issue
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:04:26 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:
> This has happened to me as well... are only certain people authorized
> to remove attachments?
>
> I did what you indicated, I posted the correct files and added a note,
> but I would have preferred to be able to remove the files...

Keeping the history of the patch is sometimes useful. I prefer the model
where new patch files are attached and the notes explain what is going
on. If the attached file has the same name as a previous one then older
versions are grayed out but still available. Or you can name the patches
_v1, _v2 etc. or use the date. Hovering over the patch in Jira does show
the date it was attached, I use this sometimes to see which is the latest.

Dan.