db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Building Derby in NetBeans
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 14:47:01 GMT
Ravinder Reddy wrote:
> No , I never tried to build Derby outside of Netbeans..!!. And I
> installed jdk1.5
> 2 months back and I downloaded the Derby Source from the latest Official
> Release..!!

OK, that may explain it... For building Derby, you need to have both JDK 1.3.1
and JDK 1.4.2 installed (actually, JDK 1.5 is not used during the build process
as far as I know). If you want to build the JDBC 4 functionality you need JDK 6
as well.

Then you need to specify the paths to these JDK installations in your
ant.properties file, for example:

j14lib=/usr/local/java/jdk1.4/jre/lib
j13lib=/usr/local/java/jdk1.3/jre/lib
jdk16=/usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0
proceed=false
sane=true

This and other requirements for building Derby is described in BUILDING.txt,
referenced in Step 4.VIII on the wiki page you were following. Here is a direct
link to the 10.2 BUILDING.txt:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/branches/10.2/BUILDING.txt

I hope this helps...

--