db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Luigi Lauro <luigi.la...@gmail.com>
Subject [DERBY-2469] First alpha implementation available - help needed :)
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:34:25 GMT

Compiles but doesn't run yet, a lot of things to check/do yet, but a
first 90% complete implementation is available.

You can download the latest versions for the 3 classes here: https://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2469

I'm coding around a VirtualStorageFactory abstract base class, and a
VirtualStorageFile. VirtualStorageFile implements basic logic and
delegates to VirtualStorageFactory for the actual storage manipulation.

VirtualStorageFactory base class is a reworked from scratch
'BaseStorageFactory' which instead of forcing implementors to give
both StorageFile and StorageFactory implementation, allows them only
to implement a few 'CRUD' create/delete/rename/delete methods, and
build upon these to give a working StorageFactory/StorageFile
implementation.

Ideally, if things go as I plan, every storage implementation could
be re-written around this new base class if needed, or this could be
used as a new base for developing new implementations in a easier way.

Have a look at the abstract class (VirtualStorageFactory) and the
delegating implentation of StorageFile (VirtualStorageFile).

I also include a starting JNLP implementation of VirtualStorageFactory.

Javadoc comments comes mostly from interfaces (copy & paste), and
VERY FEW TESTS DONE YET, this is very alpha code, if you wanna help
go through it and suggest fixes/improvements/whatever to get things
rolling for real.

I've probably done 100000000000000000000000 things wrong, so if
someone can help me spot what is right what is not, I can start to
fix stuff and provide a beta version soon. Thanks :)

P.S. Classes names are ugly, I plan to change those soon.
P.P.S. As soon as I get a beta JNLP implementation out, I will try to
provide a in-memory implementation as well. This is very easy to do,
given the base class.