db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Aaron Tarter (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DERBY-2376) Patch available to make .classpath entries portable - relative to ECLIPSE_HOME
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 02:53:25 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2376?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Aaron Tarter updated DERBY-2376:
--------------------------------

    Attachment: completed_javaapp.GIF
                create_restaurant.GIF
                DERBY-2376.diff

I tried to mimic the original screen shot environment as best as I could to minimize changes,
but I was working on a bare eclipse 3.2.2 installation instead of 3.0.2.  The only difference
is one menu option as far as I can tell.

This new svn diff is relative to the trunk (thanks for the pointer Rajesh) and it accounts
for the original change to DerbyUtils.java, as well as five changed images and two HTML files.
 The HTML files had the image height/width of the original screen shots encoded and I changed
the test to reflect the changed menu option.  So, what was a one file change has grown to
8 files because of the doc changes.

> Patch available to make .classpath entries portable - relative to ECLIPSE_HOME
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-2376
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2376
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>          Components: Eclipse Plug-in
>    Affects Versions: 10.2.2.0
>         Environment: any with eclipse
>            Reporter: Aaron Tarter
>             Fix For: 10.2.2.1
>
>         Attachments: completed_javaapp.GIF, create_restaurant.GIF, DERBY-2376.diff, DerbyUtils.diff,
DerbyUtils.diff, restaurant_editor.GIF, restaurant_script.GIF, run_javaapp.GIF
>
>
> This patch modifies the DerbyUtils class to add variable entries relative to ECLIPSE_HOME
as described in the comments below, so that eclipse projects with Derby Nature can be committed
to an SCM without causing build path errors. I did not think any of the derby functional tests
were applicable to this ui action, so I manually tested the code by trying the following:
> 1) Adding Derby Nature to a java project
> 2) Starting and stopping a database with the derby nature
> 3) Removing the Derby Nature from a java project
> The code modification is only required on the add and not on the remove since the current
remove looks for any entry that ends with the correct JAR names.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message