db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Luigi Lauro <luigi.la...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DERBY-2469] First alpha implementation available - help needed :)
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 20:31:05 GMT

On 27 Mar 2007, at 20:01, David Van Couvering wrote:

> - Don't you need to close any open files on shutdown?  This
> highlights my ignorance of this area of the code...

I noticed now the 'on shutdown'.

Regarding persistent entities, no, I don't need to close anything,
since I don't really 'open' anything at all. I create/delete
persistent entities (which are self-contained operations and don't
leave anything open) and I hand Input/Output streams when I get
requested for them. The caller getting the InputStream/OutputStream
will have to flush/close it after usage, but that's its duty not mine.

Regarding shutdown cleaning, I was doubtful if I had to do something
(like deleting all the temporary files for example), but by asking
here and by checking the other implementations it seems not: no need
to do anything on shutdown in my case since I don't really have
anything 'open' during operations.