db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: CurrentOfTest.java in the client/server mode
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 09:20:47 GMT
Manjula Kutty <manjula.kutty@gmail.com> writes:

> While converting the currentof.java I came across this. I thought this test
> will be a good candidate to run both on embedded and client/server modes.
> But the test passes only on embedded mode. In the client/server mode the
> test fails with "junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: Unexpected SQL state.
> expected:<24000> but was:<XCL07>" .  The test is doing negative test of
> trying to delete cursor past last row caught. In the embedded mode it does
> what is expected, but in client/server mode the cursor is getting closed. So
> getting a different exception than expected. I ran the old
> currentof.javatest in the client/server mode and also got the same
> error. So this test is
> expected to run only in embedded mode? And this cursor feature is not
> implemented in client/server mode?

This sounds like a side effect of DERBY-821. If you move past the last
row with a forward-only cursor, the cursor will be closed on the
server. This is an optimization so that the network client doesn't
have to send a message to the server when it later closes the
cursor. Apart from the different messages and SQL states, embedded and
client/server behave the same way in this case, as neither of them
deletes a row.

--
Knut Anders