db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: improving documentation of connection attributes (was Re: Security in Derby)
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:45:58 GMT
Andrew, I looked through the code and Derby documentation and don't see
Derby using the attribute collate anywhere.

I checked the SQL specification and the purpose of collate clause in SQL is
to customize  the collation used for a character data type or group by
clause etc.

So, for now, this attribute can be removed so it doesn't cause confusion. I
can remove this attribute during my work on DERBY-1478.

Mamta