db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Egil Sørensen <e...@stud.ntnu.no>
Subject Internal Statements in Derby
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:02:02 GMT
Hi!

As a part of my Master Thesis at NTNU, Trondheim I am trying to
implement a Hot-Standby scheme between two Derby databases located on
different hosts. So far the primary derby database creates logical
log records and ships these to the Hot-Standby database. However, I
am having some trouble making the Hot-Standby derby to redo the
statements when they are committed on the primary node.

Is there a way to run internal sql statements from within a Derby
database with no active connections? I have tried to use the
prepareInternalStamement(sql) from the
GenericLanguageConnectionContext, but it needs an active connection,
which Hot-Standby databases do not have by definition.

It is important to do the operation at a high enough abstraction so
that the operation is logged with the physical logger as well.

Thanks!

- Egil Sørensen