db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Manjula Kutty" <manjula.ku...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CurrentOfTest.java in the client/server mode
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 23:20:07 GMT
Thanks Knut for your clarification. Please bear in mind that I don't know
much about cursor states. But my strong feeling is that it should behave
similar in both embedded and n/w server, other than the difference in the
SQL states. But please find the attached test (which is a miniature of the
CurrentOfTest.java), where I expect that cursor.getCursorName() should
return null. And it works as expected in the embedded mode. But in N/w
server it has a cursor name. Is that the correct behaviour?? If so please
give me some more inputs..

You can run the test in embedded mode as

java TestCursor embedded

in n/w server ( have to start the server seperately)

java TestCursor NetworkServer

Thanks
Manjula