db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a LOG file when Docs are generated for Derby using ANT?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 01:12:38 GMT
On 2/28/07, Laura Stewart <scotsmatrix@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/28/07, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you're wondering whether or not you can get more verbose debug info
> > in the log, you can try adding the line messagelevel="debug" to the
> > dita.fo2pdf target in ditatargets.xml of the DITA toolkit.
>
> And will this provide more debug info in the cygwin window?  Or in the log file
> that I specify with ant tools > ant_tools.out ?

What ends up in ant_tools.out would be the same as what goes by on the
screen if the output is not redirected. Presumably there would be more
information, although I don't know what additional output would be
provided by FOP.

Taking a look at the errors:

[fop] [INFO] area contents overflows area in line

This is caused by malformed FO, a fix would most likely need to be
made in the DITA transforms. Extra debug info would be good here, e.g.
if we knew what the area content was that overflowed, we could inspect
the corresponding FO and determine what is causing the problem.

[fop] [ERROR] Could not load external SVG: Content is not allowed in prolog.

This is also malformed FO, graphics should not be referenced in the FO
prolog, which contains the page layout masters and bookmark tree, only
in the body of the FO. This is probably an error in our
dita2fo-shell.xsl. If we could get the URL or the part of the prolog
where this is being referenced incorrectly we could fix this.

[fop] [ERROR] Error while creating area : No ImageReader for this type
of image (file:/C:/Authoring/Derby/Checks/Derby2373/docs/trunk/out/devguide/appauth_os.jpg)

Is this with FOP 0.93? This seems like a classpath issue, as FOP
should have support for JPEG images built-in. Do you have the
xmlgraphics-commons jar on your classpath?

FWIW, it might be worth it to embed the EPS instead of the JPEG, as
long as the EPS has a good preview bitmap, otherwise it'll look great
when you print it out, but it won't show up in Acrobat. Something to
think about later.

andrew