db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby and Eclipse
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 04:18:30 GMT
> Yip Ng wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This Wiki page contains information on using Eclipse to build Derby by
> > Jean.
> >
> > http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby?highlight=%28eclipse%29
>
> nah, jean stole that from old email somebody else posted. Recently I
> didn't have much luck using those instructions on either linux or mac osx.
>
> One missing step is to install the subclipse plugin from
> subclipse.tigris.org.
>
> I almost got it working on mac osx, but their were lots of errors
> compiling (it compiles fine outside eclipse). I'm guessing I was missing
> some configuration, but ran out of time. I'll try again unless somebody
> beats me to it.

I just put an updated set of instructions on the BuildingDerby page:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby

that reflects what I do to set up Eclipse from scratch. I left the old
ones on there for now. I would appreciate if someone could test drive
the instructions to see if they work for them to make sure that I
didn't leave anything out accidentally. If they work, we can consider
removing the other set of instructions.

andrew