db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject improving documentation of connection attributes (was Re: Security in Derby)
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 04:15:45 GMT
On 2/20/07, Francois Orsini <francois.orsini@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Laura,
>
> Actually, it is pretty good as a start but I think we need to document more
> connection URL attributes - At least for the ones we have not provided any
> examples yet.

Taking this back over to derby-dev. Comparing what we have in the
reference manual [1] with iapi.reference.Attribute, the following are
missing:

'collate=?': just added. See DERBY-1478 / DERBY-2334.

'encryptionKeyLength=<length>': Specifies the key length in bytes for
the specified cryptographic algorithm.

'upgrade=true': The connection attribute for indicating that the
engine should perform a non-revertable, hard upgrade of the on-disk
database format.

'securityMechanism=<number>': securityMechanism sets the DRDA
mechanism in-use for the client. See DRDA spec and DERBY-528 and
related issues.

There's also drdaId, drdaSecTokenIn, and drdaSecTokenOut, but I
believe these are meant to be used internally only and should not be
set by users.

andrew

[1] http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/rrefattrib24612.html