db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More questions on commits
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:23:24 GMT
On 2/15/07, Laura Stewart <scotsmatrix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I'm trying to commit another patch, this time one of my own.
> The message that I get back on a file is:
>
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
>
> I do have 3 patches in the trunk directory, all with different names.
> I specified the correct patch in the "patch" command.

This would indicate that the file already has the difference described
in the patch file, usually meaning that you are trying to apply the
patch a second time.

If you want to be sure that only what is in the patch is committed,
revert everything with 'svn revert -R .' and then apply the patch
again and commit.

andrew