db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fix Japanese translated Getting Started with Derby on Derby site
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:54:26 GMT
On 2/7/07, TomohitoNakayama <tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hello Andrew.
>
> I found it is not correct ...
>
> [tmnk@minotaur /www/db.apache.org/derby/docs]$ pwd
> /www/db.apache.org/derby/docs
> [tmnk@minotaur /www/db.apache.org/derby/docs]$ svn info
> svn: '.' is not a working copy
>
> The docs directory seems not be under svn as written in
> http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html.
>
> Can you give me information to upload files to people.apache.org ?

The documentation in /www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev is the output
of a nightly build. It is the product of the source that is kept in
svn, but it is not kept in svn itself.

You should remove what is currently in
/www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ja_JP and replace it with the output
from your documentation build. My suggestion would be to use tar to
create an archive of your set of documentation and then use sftp to
upload that archive to people.apache.org. You can then expand it into
the correct directory using the tar command on people.apache.org. It
is also possible to use scp to set up an automated copy. That is how I
sync my nightly doc build to people.apache.org.

I had been testing the doc build on Mac OS X, and it does not appear
to be corrupt there. I have copied this to
/www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ja_JP. Please note that due to the
sync to ajax, it will not be visible from
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ja_JP for an hour or more.

andrew