db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Old harness '.java' test adapter for JUnit infrastructure.
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 01:44:34 GMT

> I also added a concrete implementation in JDBCHarnessJavaTest which runs
> '.java' tests from the jdbcapi package. It ran 17 jdbcapi '.java'
> without changes in embedded. (And a subset of those with client/server
> though that is not enabled in the committed version, I just need more
> investigation).

This is pretty nifty. I tried converting the .java tests in derbynet
that didn't have multiple masters over, but I've run into some
problems that I'm still trying to sort out - difficulty locating
masters, need some extra properties set on some of the tests, etc.

I was going to look into the lang .java tests as well, but noticed
your recent wiki update had some of the .java tests listed as 'running
under a test adapter'. If you're already working on getting the lang
.java tests to run with the HarnessJavaTest adapter then I don't want
to duplicate any effort there.

andrew