db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Is there a LOG file when Docs are generated for Derby using ANT?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 01:05:58 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:
> On 2/28/07, Jean T. Anderson <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:
>
>> No file gets automatically created. I usually output the run to a file,
>> like this on linux:
>>
>>  ant tools >& ant_tools.out
>>
>> on windows, this should do it (anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong):
>>
>>  ant tools > ant_tools.out
>
> So I would specify ant tools > ant_tools.out before I specify ant pdf.ref ?

If you want to just process the pdf.ref book, do something like this:

  ant pdf.ref > your_log_file

So the basic format is:

  ant product > output_file

The "product" needs to be a target in the build.xml, like "pdf.ref". You
can name the output_file anything you want.

And to increase the level of detail, also do what Andrew suggested:

> If you're wondering whether or not you can get more verbose debug info
> in the log, you can try adding the line messagelevel="debug" to the
> dita.fo2pdf target in ditatargets.xml of the DITA toolkit.

 -jean