db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Q: Should Derby 10.3 be Derby 11?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 00:14:25 GMT
I thought we were operating under the assumption that the next release
was going to go out the door with the incompatibilities listed on the
10.3 release page: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease.
Up until now this thread has focused on the release name, not altering
its contents. I thought that the developer community had reached
consensus that, in these cases, the extra security justifies the
incompatibilities.

Are you yourself not comfortable with that decision? Are you
recommending that we ask the user community whether they agree what has
been, up until now, the consensus on derby-dev?

Regards,
-Rick