db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Re: Q: Should Derby 10.3 be Derby 11?
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:04:30 GMT
I wanted the question to be more of the form "is compatibility between
minor releases more important to you than client/server
secure-by-default functionality?" -- with the suspicion that an embedded
user doesn't really care about client/server security and thus would opt
for compatibility.  But even client/server users may care more about
compatibility than increased security.  Just to help us inform our
decision here.

This is assuming, if I understand things right, that the incompatibility
arises because we're improving authentication between the network client
and the server, with this security enabled by default.

David