db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Q: Should Derby 10.3 be Derby 11?
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:26:45 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 2/28/07, Lars Heill <Lars.Heill@sun.com> wrote:
>> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> >
>> > Everyone else seemed non-committal. Unless the community continues the
>> > discussion and reaches consensus, the decision may be up to the next
>> > release manager.
>>
>> Nice one :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Lars
>>
> I thought I saw a comment re asking the user list, but I can't
> remember seeing one. Did I invent/miss something?
>
> Myrna
Hi Myrna,

David made that suggestion. Dan noted that our conventions don't give
the user list a decisive say here. I'm a little unclear about what
question to pose. Perhaps one of these:

1) Would calling this release 11.0 make it less likely that you would be
blindsided by these incomatibilities?

2) Would calling this release 11.0 make it less likely that you would
install this release?

Regards,
-Rick