db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A random and unexpected observation...
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:11:11 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> hhhmmmmm, do you see this page show up anywhere in the hits?
>
> http://projects.apache.org/projects/derby.html

I didn't see that page in my quick search, no.  It is of course possible that I
missed it, but I don't think it was there.

> I can add "open source" to the basic definition on the home page at
> http://db.apache.org/derby/index.html . I'd be curious to see if google
> will then pick it up.

I was curious about that, too.  So I also searched for "relational database",
which is a phrase that *is* on index.html, and the results were only slighly
better: a magazine article about Derby on page 7, and that was about it.  No
reference to the Derby home page that I could see.

So my guess is that adding "open source" to the Derby home pages isn't going to
help much.  Which is too bad, 'cause that would have been easy... ;)

Army