db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Multiple simultaneous test runs on the same machine
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:22:58 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> On 2/26/07, Bernt M. Johnsen <Bernt.Johnsen@sun.com> wrote:
>> In the old test harness with the old tests this was impossible due to
>> hardcoded use of port numbers (1527 etc). Is this taken into
>> consideration when tests are moved to JUnit so that the port number(s)
>> may be parameterized in a convenient way?
>
> TestConfiguration sets the port to 1527, but should it? If it didn't
> set a port, it would still default to 1527, and then you could
> override the port by setting -Dderby.drda.portNumber=whatever on the
> command-line when invoking the junit test.

What you are suggesting (which I think is a good idea) will also allow us to
test Derby's default behavior, that is not having the port number explicitly set
in the client driver URL or when starting the Network Server, and I think this
should be tested. I don't think any of our current Junit
tests/configurations/setups are doing this (at least not in the connection URL).

--
John