db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From scott hutinger <S-Hutin...@wiu.edu>
Subject Re: dita 1.3.1 (no asl?) and fop.93
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:20:43 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> On 2/2/07, scott hutinger <S-Hutinger@wiu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I think the important thing, is to move over to fop.93 if possible.
>
> I've just attached a patch to DERBY-2373 that allows an upgrade to FOP
> 0.93. I would appreciate it if any doc builders out there would some
> spare time could try it out and make sure I didn't accidentally break
> anything in the PDF or HTML Book builds.
>
> andrew

First, everything seems to work for me.

I think the important thing is getting into the more standard fo: space,
even if the layout/flow has changed.
For example, the layout of getstarted.pdf with the older fop, page 20 is
the trademark page, in the new fop, page 21 is the last page.  One can
notice the layout differences best on the cover, and the license, some
tables etc; which I like the new fop layout.  I think the dita toolkit
would move to the newer fop in the future(?).

Looks good to me!
scott