db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Derby and Eclipse
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:13:34 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> I just put an updated set of instructions on the BuildingDerby page:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby
>
> that reflects what I do to set up Eclipse from scratch. I left the old
> ones on there for now. I would appreciate if someone could test drive
> the instructions to see if they work for them to make sure that I
> didn't leave anything out accidentally. If they work, we can consider
> removing the other set of instructions.

These instructions worked great on mac osx. I spotted a couple minor issues.

1) Step 7 ("Add a new Ant Builder") has a partial last sentence:

"If you get an error that com.sun.tools.javac could not be found and to
check if your JAVA_HOME is set, you may need to go to the Classpath tab
and add tools.jar from your JDK 1.4.2 installation to the ."

2) To run a junit test, I did right-click -> "run as" -> "JUnit Test"
and got this error:

"Cannot find 'junit.framework.TestCase' on project build path. JUnit 3
tests can only be run if JUnit is on the build path."

It worked after I added tools/java/junit.jar to "Java Build Path" ->
"Libraries"

was that the right place to add it? should I not need to add it?

thanks for the super instructions!

 -jean