db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby and Eclipse
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 01:27:57 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Yip Ng wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This Wiki page contains information on using Eclipse to build Derby by
>> Jean.
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby?highlight=%28eclipse%29
>>

> nah, jean stole that from old email somebody else posted. Recently I
> didn't have much luck using those instructions on either linux or mac osx.
>
> One missing step is to install the subclipse plugin from
> subclipse.tigris.org.
>
> I almost got it working on mac osx, but their were lots of errors
> compiling (it compiles fine outside eclipse). I'm guessing I was missing
> some configuration, but ran out of time. I'll try again unless somebody
> beats me to it.
>
>  -jean

Derby cannot be built within Eclipse yet, because of the dependencies on
multiple jdks.
However it can be built using Ant within Eclipse.

Before that ensure auto building of the codeline within Eclipse is
turned off by unchecking:
Window - Preferences - Workbench - Build automatically
Window - Preferences - Run/Debug - Launching - Build (if required)
before launching

Also make sure the location of ant.properties file is available to
Eclipse. I have mine  in  "user.home" directory,  can be
verified using    System.getProperty("user.home")

My $0.02.

-Rajesh