db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Q: Should Derby 10.3 be Derby 11?
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:16:50 GMT
I'm somewhat concerned that, by labeling this release 11,
we will actually *discourage* people from moving to it
rapidly. People will tend to think it is more incompatible
than it actually is, and will tend to think it is more
volatile and less stable than it actually is, and so it will
slow acceptance of the release.

In most respects, setting this Network Server security policy
stuff aside for the time being, it seems to me that 10.2 was
a bigger jump from 10.1 than the upcoming release will be from 10.2.

I guess that makes me sort of a "0" position, neither really
in favor of relabeling the release nor really opposed.

thanks,

bryan