db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: derby statistics
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:26:26 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> On 2/20/07, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> Can someone teach me how to get the following information:
>>
>> 1) The number of people subscribed to derby-dev and to derby-user.
>
> Ken Coar keeps some mailing list stats here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~coar/mlists.html#db.apache.org
>
> The list moderators can also get a list of the current subscribers and
> count.
>
>> 2) The number of times derby distributions are downloaded.
>
> This is an unknown, since in most cases, Derby is downloaded directly
> from a mirror and we can't get statistics for whether someone clicks
> on the download in their browser. :-)
>
>> 3) How these statistics are trending over time.
>
> Ken's graphs show the trend of (1) over time.

Also, web site statistics are here:
http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/derby.html

warning! The "downloads" on this page reflect files with specific
extensions (tar.Z, tar.gz, zip, etc) from the derby site itself, such as
the stuff that can be downloaded from the Resources tab on the Derby
site [1]. They don't include the downloads of the derby product itself.

If page hits on the download pages, such as
http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.2.2.0.cgi , are
interesting for estimating downloads, the location of the daily web logs
is at the bottom of http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html . Any
committer is welcome to go through the daily logs and compile stats. If
anyone has an itch to do that -- please post the stats you come up with!
I'm sure lots of us would be interested.

 -jean

[1] http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/index.html