db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject running junit tests with and without a security manager
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:55:13 GMT
I would like to test out some combinations of running the network server
with and without a security manager and with and without certain system
properties set. Ideally, it would be nice to run all of these
combinations in a single master run of all of our JUnit tests.

Unfortunately, this would involve installing and uninstalling the
security manager several times during the run of the master suite. Right
now, our JUnit tests don't seem to allow the security manager to be
uninstalled. That's my reading of the SecurityManagerSetup decorator.
The javadoc for SecurityManagerSetup.noSecurityManager() says that we're
missing some context which we would need to re-install the security
manager at decorator teardown.

I would appreciate the community's advice on the following points:

1) What is the missing context which prevents us from uninstalling and
re-installing the security manager?

2) How can I test all of the combinations I need? Should I:

2a) Put some effort into saving that missing context so that the
security manager can be bounced?

2b) Should a master run of the JUnit tests actually turn into 2 runs,
one with and one without a security manager?

2c) Other suggestions?

Thanks,
-Rick