db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: suites.EncryptionSuite added - appreciate other platform testing
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:43:40 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> With revision 502400 I created top-level suite that mimics the
> encryption suite from the old harness. It runs a set of tests
> against a number of encryption algorithms, those from the set used in
> the old harness. It only has one test in it, LobStreamsTest, as that is
> the only converted test (so far) that runs in the old encryption suite.
>
> I have not yet added to suites.All as I'd like to get some more testing
> done on it. I've tested on windows with these JVMs with no issues:
>
> Sun: 1.4.2, 1.5, 1.6
> IBM: 1.4.2, 1.5
>
> I'd appreciate others running on other platform/vm combinations to see
> if the algorithms are supported everywhere, or if the test needs to
> check to see if an algorithm is available before running. I know it
> needs some additional logic to handle not running in J2ME.
>
> I'll plan on committing it into suites.All (& the ant targets) next week
> if no problems appear.

Thanks to those that ran the suite on other platforms and reported the
results!

Added as:

Author: djd
Date: Thu Feb  8 13:15:46 2007
New Revision: 505039

Log:
Add the top level EncryptionSuite to suites.All. This is meant to
replace the encryption suites from the old harness.
Currently does not contain any real tests but does create a number of
databases using different
encryption algorithms. Also added to the ant juni-all target.
Made sure no tests are run in J2ME.
Removed LobStreamstest as that test was not previously run with
encryption, I got confused between encoding and encryption from the suites.

Dan.