db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: How to set the percentage of dirty pages in cache pages?
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:27:11 GMT
> Hi, everyone, is there any means to set the percentage of dirty pages
> in cache pages? I think derby keeps a certain percentage of dirty pages
> in memory, but I don't know how to change that.

Hi Raymond,

I don't know a direct answer to your question, sorry.

Isn't the amount of dirty pages in the cache something which is
changing constantly? Why would you want to set it?

Perhaps you mean you want to set some targets for triggering other
actions that might happen when the amount of dirty pages in the
cache reaches some level? If so, what are the other actions that
you want to trigger, and do you feel Derby's current mechanism for
triggering them isn't adequate?

thanks,

bryan