db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Discuss early code in Jira or on derby-dev?
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 17:56:57 GMT
Hi Jean,

I'm getting to be a very big fan of conducting discussions in JIRA, for
the following reasons:

1) It's a great place to hang code samples and specs, which you might
not want to broadcast as hundreds of copies.

2) It's a great place to consolidate all of the conversations about a
particular issue.

3) It nevertheless turns into email to derby-dev. But the email is
pre-tagged with an identifying JIRA number, which helps people filter
out the conversations that interest them.

Sometimes, I find, it's helpful to start a conversation in JIRA and then
advertise it on derby-dev via a short post with a catchy subject.

Cheers,
-Rick