db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Old harness '.java' test adapter for JUnit infrastructure.
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 04:35:14 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>> On 2/5/07, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I also added a concrete implementation in JDBCHarnessJavaTest which runs
>>> '.java' tests from the jdbcapi package. It ran 17 jdbcapi '.java'
>>> without changes in embedded. (And a subset of those with client/server
>>> though that is not enabled in the committed version, I just need more
>>> investigation).
>>
>> This is pretty nifty. I tried converting the .java tests in derbynet
>> that didn't have multiple masters over, but I've run into some
>> problems that I'm still trying to sort out - difficulty locating
>> masters, need some extra properties set on some of the tests, etc.

The individual fixtures for HarnessJavaTest (ie an old style test test)
can be decorated with the standard decorators, to set database or system
properties, or handle external files, etc.

>> I was going to look into the lang .java tests as well, but noticed
>> your recent wiki update had some of the .java tests listed as 'running
>> under a test adapter'. If you're already working on getting the lang
>> .java tests to run with the HarnessJavaTest adapter then I don't want
>> to duplicate any effort there.
>
> Yep, I'll commit the lang sub-class of HarnessJavaTest by tomorrow
> morning pacific time.

Committed revision 504432.

They also depend on an earlier change to JDBCDisplayUtil. That change
fixes SecurityExceptions reading ij.* properties you may have seen
trying to run some tests using HarnessJavaTest.

Dan.