db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: code coverage for junit tests with svn trunk revision 503961
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 00:03:50 GMT
Ramandeep Kaur wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I ran code coverage for trunk - svn revision no 503961 with the following:
>
> OS: Windows 2000
> JVMs: sun jdk142, sun jdk15, and sun jdk16
> Suites: derbynet, jdbcapi, store, tools
>
> Note: I did not run suite "lang" as there is a problem in running lang
> with emma. I will post another thread about this problem.
>
> *OVERALL COVERAGE SUMMARY*
> Classes: 73%  (916/1259)
> Methods: 53%  (11254/21086)
> Blocks:  48%  (320831/667106)

Thanks for running these Raman, these compare to the last derbyall run
on 2006/08/07 of:

Class 93.4% (1177/1260)
Method  78.0% (15499/20684)
Block 74.5% (479138/652357

(http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/CodeCoverage)

I think this shows good progress for the conversion to JUnit, on my
machine the Suites.All is taking about 16 minutes and an old derbyall
run I think took around 2hours 20minutes. So with a shorter run we are
still getting a fairly good coverage. I hope we can get the lang._Suite
issues resolved and have the ability to get regular numbers as more
tests are converted.

Dan.