db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CurrentOfTest.java in the client/server mode
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:21:27 GMT
Manjula Kutty wrote:
> While converting the currentof.java I came across this. I thought this
> test will be a good candidate to run both on embedded and client/server
> modes.

+1 (but see below)

> In the client/server
> mode the test fails with " junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: Unexpected
> SQL state. expected:<24000> but was:<XCL07>" .  The test is doing
> negative test of trying to delete cursor past last row caught. In the
> embedded mode it does what is expected, but in client/server mode the
> cursor is getting closed. So getting a different exception than
> expected. I ran the old currentof.java test in the client/server mode
> and also got the same error. So this test is expected to run only in
> embedded mode? And this cursor feature is not implemented in
> client/server mode?

I think the test has only run previously in embedded since it is only
listed in derbylang.runall. That suite is not run in any network server
mode.

As part of conversion I think the minimum is to ensure that the same
coverage is achieved, having this test run only in embedded matches that
(since it only ran embedded before). Making it also run in client/server
is not required, but if not done I think an issue should be entered to
say that the test should be expanded to run in client/server (& why).

Dan.