db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Old harness '.java' test adapter for JUnit infrastructure.
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:52:08 GMT
Sunitha Kambhampati wrote:

> Thanks Dan for working on this.
> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

>> It will also centralized which environments a test runs in, one of the
>> issues I'm seeing with the jdbcapi tests and client server is trying
>> to figure out if a test is meant to run in c/s or not. Not clear from
>> the old harness setup.
>>
> Can you elaborate more on this.   I am thinking you mean that once we
> move to Junit harness (using the adapters or otherwise) , it would be
> cleaner to know which environment it is run.  When we convert the test
> using the adapter, we do have to do some work to find out if the test
> should be run in client /server mode or not.   Is that right ?

Yes, I was talking about once the test is running in the Junit
environment. Currently I find when looking at a harness test for
conversion there is a significant effort involved in figuring out if
test runs in embedded and client/server or just one "framework". Such
confusion will go away once the test is converted as the decision is
made in the class that runs the test.

Dan.