db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Question about java/storeless
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 17:06:51 GMT
I'm getting ready to commit DERBY-1909, and I'm bringing the patch
up to date with the current head of trunk.

The patch has an issue with EmptyDictionary; I've added a new
method to the DataDictionary interface but that method of course
is not yet in EmptyDictionary.java

I took a quick look at EmptyDictionary.java and saw code that
looked like:

         public void updateSYSCOLPERMSforAddColumnToUserTable(UUID tableID,
                         TransactionController tc) throws StandardException {
                 // TODO Auto-generated method stub

         }

         public void dropAllRoutinePermDescriptors(UUID routineID,
                         TransactionController tc) throws StandardException {
                 // TODO Auto-generated method stub

         }

And so forth.

So here's my question:
  - does the "Auto-generated method stub" comment mean that I am supposed
    to update a code generator somewhere to have it regenerate this file
    with a new method stub for my new method?
  - or do I just update the file manually and place my new method stub in
    here similar to the current existing method stubs?

thanks,

bryan