db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to delete old test harness files if that test is converted to a junit test?
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 22:26:37 GMT
Manjula Kutty wrote:
> Hi
>
> I converted the currentof.java test from the lang suite to a junit test
> named CurrentOfTest.java. Now I would like to delete the old test and
> related files once the new test is committed. But I don't know how can I
> do that .

[snip svn delete]

> Does that mean only a committer can delete the files ? I don't want to
> attempt delete before getting confirmation from others. If only a
> committer can delete the files then can any one please delete the
> following files from org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/
> once the CurrentOfTest.java is committed?

You can perform an svn delete in your own workspace. It only deletes the
files locally. Doing this will ensure that an svn stat shows the files
as deleted and thus tells the committers what needs to be deleted.

In addition to deleting the obvious files you would need to remove
currentOf.java from any suite file it is in (.runall file). You also
need to then run derbyall just to double check that no other test is
relying on that class. So the steps to removing an old test are:

1) Remove (svn delete) the test file (.java or .sql) and any support
files it has like test_app.properties.

2) Remove (svn delete) any master files for that test

3) Remove the test from any suite (.runall file) it is in.

4) ant clobber ; ant all
    (check no build failures)

5) run derbyall - check for no (new) failures

6) svn diff to create a patch & attach to the jira issue along with the
output of svn stat

Thanks,
Dan.