db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject suites.EncryptionSuite added - appreciate other platform testing
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 23:22:11 GMT
With revision 502400 I created top-level suite that mimics the
encryption suite from the old harness. It runs a set of tests
against a number of encryption algorithms, those from the set used in
the old harness. It only has one test in it, LobStreamsTest, as that is
the only converted test (so far) that runs in the old encryption suite.

I have not yet added to suites.All as I'd like to get some more testing
done on it. I've tested on windows with these JVMs with no issues:

Sun: 1.4.2, 1.5, 1.6
IBM: 1.4.2, 1.5

I'd appreciate others running on other platform/vm combinations to see
if the algorithms are supported everywhere, or if the test needs to
check to see if an algorithm is available before running. I know it
needs some additional logic to handle not running in J2ME.

I'll plan on committing it into suites.All (& the ant targets) next week
if no problems appear.

Test class:

org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.EncryptionSuite

Thanks,
Dan.