db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby Core plug-in for Eclipse distribution naming
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:08:11 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> I'm looking at web site updates for DERBY-2173 and notice that the
> eclipse plug-in distribution started incorporating the svn revision in
> 10.2. Here are the available zips:
>
>    derby_core_plugin_10.2.2.485682.zip
>    derby_core_plugin_10.2.1.452058.zip
>    derby_core_plugin_10.1.3.zip
>    derby_core_plugin_10.1.2.zip
>    derby_core_plugin_10.1.1.zip
>
> anybody remember why the shift in naming occurred? Or perhaps nobody has
> noticed? :-)
>
> I don't think it much matters (and no changes need to be made for the
> current release), but the naming is a bit out of sync with the other
> derby distributions and I suggest fixing this in the next release.
>
>  -jean

Hi Jean,

I think this is an oddity introduced by my wrapper scripts which drove
the 10.2 build targets. The release manager has to gather up the release
artifacts from a couple directories and consolidate them in a single
directory for signing. The build targets create two copies of the
eclipse core plugin: one which has the kind of name you see in 10.1.3,
and one which has the extra subversion revision stamp you see in the
10.2 releases. The contents of the files are identical. I was just
putting the wrong copy into the consolidated directory.

There's nothing to fix in the codeline. Just in my head. I have amended
my consolidation script so that it should get the core plugin from the
correct place next time.

Alternatively, we could change the build targets so that the eclipse
core plugin is dropped into the same directory as the other release
artifacts (tools/release). That might help the next release manager
figure out which copy of the core plugin to use.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,
-Rick