db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about committing doc patches
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:01:33 GMT
On 12/4/06, Yip Ng <yipng168@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/4/06, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Be sure that you set up your subversion .config file as indicated here:
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn
> >
> > Also, you'll need to add a couple of lines to your subversion .config
> > that are Derby-specific, particularly .dita and .out should be in
> > there:
> >
> > *.dita = svn:eol-style=native
> > *.out = svn:eol-style=native
>

> Just a side note, I see that in Step 1 of the "Committing
> documentation patches" section
> (and various other places), it directs the user to
> ~/.subversion/config, wouldn't it be better to just say "subversion
> config file" instead? On Windows platform, this config file is stored
> in different location in the system.
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07.html
>
> Regards,
> Yip Ng

One more comment - if it's been covered already or too obvious, sorry
- but if you're ready to do svn commit, ensure that when you do svn
info, you see you have checked out https://.... (and not http://...)
and that you've got an environment variable $SVN_EDITOR set to some
editor accessible on your PATH. (to vi, for example).

Myrna