db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about committing doc patches
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 01:19:40 GMT
I am having trouble getting everything set up to commit patches.

I feel like a dolt.

#1 - I finally found the config file under the following path.

   C:\Documents and Settings\stewartl\Application Data\Subversion

But this can't be the correct file.  Almost all of the rows are
commented out... which doesn't sound correct.  So I thought that there
must be another config file on my machine that was created when I
first started the Derby project. Especially since the instructions

Have users add these 3 lines at the bottom

   *.dita = svn:eol-style=native
   *.ditamap = svn:eol-style=native
   *.out = svn:eol-style=native

But those lines are missing from the config file that I located here

   C:\Documents and Settings\stewartl\Application Data\Subversion

#2 - One of the comments above says:

   "Be sure that you set up your subversion .config file as indicated here:

But it is not clear to me what needs to be done from that page... is
it that I add the following to the config file?

    svn propset svn:eol-style native

I am assuming that the "test.txt" is just an example... and doesn't
need to be added.

#3 - Myrna commented "and that you've got an environment variable
$SVN_EDITOR set to some editor accessible on your PATH. (to vi, for

So does this means that I need to do 2 things - set SVN_EDITOR=notepad
and ensure that the location of the notepad exe file is listed in the

Laura Stewart

View raw message