db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Questions about committing doc patches
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 21:40:31 GMT
On 12/15/06, Laura Stewart <scotsmatrix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, it seems that though I did the commit correctly...  Here is what
> cygwin gave me:
>
> $ svn commit --message "DERBY-2125 Modified two files about installing Derby. P
> atch derby2125.diff contributed by Kim Haase." src/getstart
>
> Sending        src\getstart\cgsinstallingderby.dita
> Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
> Password for 'stewartl': ********
> Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
> Username: scotsmatrix
> Password for 'scotsmatrix': ********
> Sending        src\getstart\gsconrefs.dita
> Transmitting file data ..
> Committed revision 487665.
>
> I am not sure that I understand why one file was sent first and then
> the other file sent...

While it's a little odd that it asked for your password after printing
the first Sending message, the files are actually transmitted after it
prints the 'transmitting file data' message. It will then print one
period per file transmitted.

I've received the mail for your commit, and it should appear in the
derby-commits archive shortly.

andrew