db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Derby info at Oloh.net
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:38:41 GMT
Rajesh Kartha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across the following  info on Derby at the Oloh site, thought
> will share it.
>
> Oloh is a site that analyzes the source code from many open source
> projects. I think it tracks every checkin and know how many
> new lines of code are added over time, language and who added them.
> It seems to be useful to look at some interesting trends and comparison
> against other open source projects.
>
> Here is one for Apache Derby:
>
> http://ohloh.net/projects/3816
>
> Factoid from their site:
>
> Over the past twelve months, 19 developers
> <http://ohloh.net/projects/3816/contributors> contributed new code to
> Apache Derby <http://ohloh.net/projects/3816>.
> This is a relatively large team, putting this project among the top 5%
> of all project teams on Ohloh.
>
> (The above information is only about the committers looks like.)

It looks like their one year slice included the move out of the
incubator when Derby graduated into the DB project -- Noel Bergman was
the one who moved the derby svn repo, hence the high number of lines
modified for him.

And, of course, Derby's own stats [1] show 51 contributors for the 10.2
release.

 -jean

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoRelease