db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.2.2.0 release
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:09:32 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Please download and test-drive the 10.2.2.0 candidate, then vote on
> whether to accept it as a Derby release. The candidate lives at:
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.2.2.0/
>
> The polls close at 5:00 pm San Francisco time next Monday, December 18.

I have verified MD5 checksums and ran some tests on a Solaris 10 x86 machine
using Sun's JDK 1.5.0_07, against the -bin distribution:

derbyall: 51 tests failed with derbytesting.jar in the default location, 1 test
failed (Upgrade_10_1_10_2) with copy of derbytesting.jar in lib/ directory. No
major product defects detected.

I am also running a long-running test based on DOTS [1]. So far (~5 days running
time) memory usage looks better (lower, more stable) than previous test run
(10.2.1.5, see DERBY-2176).

I am fairly comfortable with these results and those posted by others.
My vote is +1.

--
John

[1]: http://ltp.sourceforge.net/dotshowto.php