db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Olav Sandstaa <o...@sun.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.2.2.0 release
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:56:48 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Please download and test-drive the 10.2.2.0 candidate, then vote on
> whether to accept it as a Derby release.

I have downloaded the 10.2.2.0 candidate and run derbyall on Ubuntu 6.06
(Linux). With derbyTesting.jar in the test directory 51 tests failed. 50
of these were SQL tests. Having looked into some of the failing test it
seems that many of them fail with a pattern like:

  run resource 'distinct.subsql';
  IJ ERROR: Resource not found

After moving derbyTesting.jar to the lib directory and re-running
derbyall, only one test failed (upgradeTests/Upgrade_10_1_10_2.java).

Since the cause of this seems only to be related to how tests are run, I
wote +1 to this release.

Thanks for making this release candidate, Rick.

Olav