db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about committing doc patches
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 02:15:09 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:
> I am having trouble getting everything set up to commit patches.
>
> I feel like a dolt.
>
> #1 - I finally found the config file under the following path.
>
>   C:\Documents and Settings\stewartl\Application Data\Subversion
>
> But this can't be the correct file.  Almost all of the rows are
> commented out... which doesn't sound correct.  So I thought that there
> must be another config file on my machine that was created when I
> first started the Derby project. Especially since the instructions
> here:
>
>    http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html#Setting+up+your+environment
>
> Have users add these 3 lines at the bottom
>
>   *.dita = svn:eol-style=native
>   *.ditamap = svn:eol-style=native
>   *.out = svn:eol-style=native
>
> But those lines are missing from the config file that I located here
>
>   C:\Documents and Settings\stewartl\Application Data\Subversion

I think that's the correct file. The version installed by subversion by
default has all (most?) of the configurations options there as examples
but commented out so you get a standard configuration.

You can add those lines into the config file in the correct section
[auto-props] and I think you need to uncomment out the header for that
section.

This is the tail end of my config file.

[auto-props]
# *.c = svn:eol-style=native
# *.cpp = svn:eol-style=native
# *.h = svn:eol-style=native
# *.dsp = svn:eol-style=CRLF
# *.dsw = svn:eol-style=CRLF
# *.sh = svn:eol-style=native;svn:executable
# *.txt = svn:eol-style=native
# *.png = svn:mime-type=image/png
# *.jpg = svn:mime-type=image/jpeg
# Makefile = svn:eol-style=native