db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby JDBC 4.0 implementation -- any discrepancies with the final?
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:59:39 GMT
Hi Jean,

The Derby JDBC 4 drivers conform to the final version of Java SE 6 which
sent out the door yesterday. So, yes, that disclaimer should be scrubbed
from the user guide.

Thanks,
-Rick

Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> How close is the Derby JDBC 4.0 implementation to what actually "left
> the stable" [1]? I'm not spotting any discrepancies documented in the
> release notes in Rick's release candidate [2].
>
> If there are any discrepancies, I should undo my deletion of the
> disclaimer Dan noticed in the reference guide [3]. If there aren't any
> discrepancies, I should go ahead and make the same change in the trunk.
>
> thanks,
>
>  -jean
>
> [1] http://weblogs.java.net/blog/lancea/archive/2006/12/jdbc_40_and_jav.html
> [2] http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.2.2.0/RELEASE-NOTES.html
> [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2129#action_12457501
>
> Jean T. Anderson (JIRA) wrote:
>
>>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2129?page=comments#action_12457503
]

>> Jean T. Anderson commented on DERBY-2129:
>>
>> Thanks for the catch, Dan. Removed that disclaimer, revision 485927.
>> Any discrepancies will still need to be documented in the release notes.
>>

>>> Tasks related to releasing 10.2.2
>>> ---------------------------------
>>>
>>>                Key: DERBY-2129
>>>            Project: Derby
>>>         Issue Type: Task
>>>           Reporter: Rick Hillegas
>>>        Assigned To: Rick Hillegas
>>>            Fix For: 10.2.2.0
>>>
>>>        Attachments: derby-2129-CHANGES-STATUS-v01.diff, derby-2129-indexLinks-v01.diff,
derby-2129-releaseNotes-v01.diff, derby-2129-releaseNotes-v02.diff, derby-2129-releaseNotes-v02.diff,
derby-2129-releaseNotes-v03.diff, derby-2129-releaseNotes-v04.diff, derby-2129-releaseNotes-v05.diff,
RELEASE-NOTES.html, RELEASE-NOTES.html