db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Issues marked for fix in 10.2.2 in JIRA
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 21:50:29 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> Hi Rajesh,
>>
>> Thanks for bringing up this topic. I have created a new Derby version
>> in JIRA, 10.2.3.0. I think we can reassign most of these issues to
>> 10.2.3.0.
>
> Why?
>
> Seems like having no fixin might be a better choice, otherwise the
> same exercise will happen when 10.2.3.0 is released, ie. moving a lot
> of fixes to the next release.
>
> Dan.
Hi Dan,

I think that people may have been using "Fix in 10.2.2.0" to mean a
number of things:

1) Please fix for the next release which the community produces.

2) Please fix in the next release cut off the 10.2 branch.

3) Please fix by December of 2006

4) I'm just picking 10.2.2.0 because I feel I am required to specify a
release vehicle and this seems as reasonable a default as any.

I just tried to make JIRA accurately record what's going into 10.2.2.  I
agree that we have a lot of issues which no-one is looking at and which
have been swept from one release vehicle to the next a couple times already.

Perhaps the people who reported these swept-forward issues could revisit
the "fix in" field and, if possible, save the next release manager a
little work.

Regards,
-Rick